Prevent serious water damage with help from the Leak Alert™ water detector. This self-contained battery-powered unit will sound a loud alarm the second it gets wet, alerting you to a potential water leak.
Place it anywhere the potential for flooding or leaking exists:
- Under sinks
- Near water heaters
- In basements
- Near dishwashers and refrigerators
- Under fish tanks
- Near plumbing and toilets
- Loud alarm (85 dB) sounds with direct water contact
- Floats and signals for up to 72 hours
- Fully automatic operation — no wiring required
- Low battery indicator for optimum safety and performance
How does it work?
The Leak Alert™ has two external metal strips with mild electrical current running through them. If both strips get wet, through a plumbing leak, flood, or surrounding moisture condensing on the surface, the electrical circuit will complete and the alarm will sound.